Respiratory Consultants of Georgia thanks you for thinking of us as a place to seek health care for your pulmonary (lung) disease, critical care (intensive care unit treatment), and sleep disorder care condition. Respiratory Consultants of Georgia is a medical practice providing care in a hospital setting for both inpatient and outpatient services as well as in office care.
Our goal is to provide you excellent medical care with a warm caring touch.
- On your first visit, you will be asked to complete a questionnaire concerning your medical history. Your medical history is most important and you should be 100% honest in your responses, as complete as possible, and as accurate. We will ask you to complete a computer designed form that we will scan to our system as a permanent medical history record.
- You will also be asked to complete an assessment questionnaire to obtain information about your current condition. This is also on a computer designed form that we will scan to our system as a permanent medical record. We will be requesting this information on each of your visits.
- Your insurance may require a referral from your primary care physician. You should be aware if your particular plan requires a specialist referral and if it does, call your primary care physician’s office and request that a referral be sent to us. When a referral is required, we cannot see you without one.
- We are contractually required to see a photo ID and we like to obtain a copy of your insurance card at each visit to verify that we have your insurance information correct.
- If you have a co-payment, we are contractually required to collect it – we do not have a choice in collecting it, so be prepared.
- No Shows and Late Arrival Policy:
- If a patient is more than 20 minutes late for an appointment, staff may ask to reschedule the appointment in order to honor commitments to other families.
- After 3 no-shows within a twelve month period, patients will be returned to the care of their primary care physician. This will be enforced at the discretion of the specialist who will communicate with the referring PCP prior to notifying the patient.
- No-show reschedules will be booked with the physician with the first available opening – physician preference will not be considered for no-show patients.
- Repeat last-minute cancellations (notice of less than 24 hours) may qualify as no-shows.
- The cost of running a medical practice is ever increasing and we need your help to ensure our ability to be a productive practice.
- We work very hard to be on schedule; however, a circumstance beyond the physician’s control often puts us behind schedule. Hospital emergencies and life changing test results often negatively impact the schedule. We are committed to providing a warm caring touch to our patients, which often requires additional time when a family is being given life changing news. We ask for your understanding.
- Feel free to contact our office before driving over to inquire if your physician is on schedule so you can delay your arrival or reschedule to a more convenient time.